I have been studying Chinese for more than 1 year, and have finished my Chinese Proficiency Test level 3 test last november with a score of 296/300. In this post, I will tell you step – by –step how to self-study Chinese effectively and get a good score in HSK level 3 test.
- The HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi), translated as the Chinese Proficiency Test used in China, is the standardized test of Standard Chinese language proficiency of China for non-native speakers such as foreign students and overseas Chinese.
- There are 6 HSK level from 1 to 6, 6 is the highest.
1. BUY CHINESE TEXTBOOKS:
Chinese textbook you should use: Boya Chinese textbooks (Elementary 1) OR Chinese language textbooks (study 3 books)
Link to buy Boya text book on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Boya-Chinese-Elementary-2nd-Ed/dp/730120907X
2. WARM UP PERIOD (First month)
– Make a reasonable study schedule. Don’t let Chinese interfere with your other subjects, and stick to the times you set as scheduled at school. A reasonable time to learn a language is 1 hour a day.
– Learn syllables, pronunciations, listen to youtube’s pronunciations first (this is important if you want to take the hsk test later)
– Get familiar with the first simple words, especially, you should always memorize the frequently appearing players such as 力 ， 八 ， 木, … etc …
<!> The words in hsk1 are still not difficult at all, so try to study 1 lesson / day and especially to be sure the words in hsk 1-2, it will be the premise for future tests.
But, everyone, don’t learn in the way of stuffing 3-4 lessons a day, I’m sure to you might forget new words quickly 😅
2. LOAD KNOWLEDGE PERIOD: (You can learn this in just 2 months if you dedicate your time for Chinese)
After getting started and getting used to the Chinese language, let’s start learning!
– Every day learn 5-10 words, copy that word 3-4 times and then do a lottery to check vocabulary. If you need to draw which word contains the lot, write that word =))
– Master the grammar: If everyone has finished learning any type of sentence or any grammar, practice asking questions ^^ put 3-5 sentences in, and use new words to put sentences, this will help people reinforce their grammar and new words too
– Speak to yourself in Chinese to practice new words, pronunciation, grammar. For example, when I just learned the word 问题 (problem), I will usually babble in 1 sentence for example:
“我们 可以 解决 这个 问题” (we can solve this problem）
– Download applications such as wechat, QQ to interact with Chinese people, watch Chinese movies, music and sing along to music. This text message typing method is quite good for people to quickly receive text faces, record voices for people to correct their pronunciation.
3. DOING MOCK TEST PERIOD: (1 month)
1) Do 14 HSK3 tests on the internet to boot first
2) Download app HSK online => Do 10 real exam questions in that app
3) If possible, you can buy “Set of Chinese Language Proficiency Test” 🡪Complete 5 sets (harder than the real exam)
Note: Anyone with free time can register for a mock test at some Chinese centers in your country.
4. DURING THE EXAM:
1) Relaxed but 100% focused, sentences that cannot be heard are ignored, after listening to the answers, surely immediately fill in the result sheet.
2) Translate the required information carefully, with information, so always circle the topic.
3) Clearly distinguish homophones.
4) The arrangement of sentences should really follow the criteria of grammar
That is all about studying Chinese for HSK3 level. It is not difficult, and I guarantee if you follow my guide, you will definitely get the score you want and good at Chinese! If you just want to learn Chinese because of interest without having the test, then follow my guide and you will be surprised by how good you are at Chinese.
Let’s end this blog with a Chinese song, shall we?
Love u all ❤