Staying home, working and studying online for a long time maybe boring, so finding something for entertaining and improving ourselves is important. In this post, I will share 10 things you should do at home in your free time besides working and studying. Trust me, I did all of them and felt really productive and happy. So let’s get started!
1. Plan your day: Staying at home all day with plenty of time but not using it effectively? You feel like you are wasting your time and unable to fulfill your goals? So the first thing you have to do before going to bed is to plan the next day with each specific timeline. You can use the Google calendar tool to do this!
2. Exercise: Although I know that a lot of you like to stay home in bed watching Netflix, reading books and sipping hot tea, being inactive is not good! So, you should spend about 10 minutes meditating (Tide/Calm application), exercising at home, or practicing dancing! There are many videos on the internet that show how to do exercise, so if you want to improve your height and slim your legs, get out of bed and exercise!
3. Cleaning the house: Living in a neat, clean and beautiful place not only makes your health better but also helps your spirit more comfortable and focus at work.
4. Reading books: Each book is a friend, find a partner with you this Covid-19 and learn good things from that friend ❤
5. Learning Online Courses: Using your free time to improve yourself and learn more is never redundant, right? I suggest these 2 websites that have online courses (4-8 weeks or 2 months above) with certificates from top universities (there are free and paid courses), so take advantage of your time to study!
Future Learn: https://www.futurelearn.com/
Note: You can apply for financial aid in Coursera, which helps you learn the course and get credited certificate for free. It is not difficult, you can read this article (my friend blog) to understand how to apply for financial aid successfully (I did it <3)
6. Cooking practice: If you are not very good at cooking, then this free time is the time for you to go to Youtube and learn how to cook the basic dishes. star). And if you already know how to cook, then try new dishes!
7. Learning a new language: You can spend 20 minutes per day learning a new foreign language, because “To learn a language is to have one more window from which to look at the world”.
8. Planting a tree and taking care of it: This not only makes your home space become greener, but also helps our soul relax after stressful working hours.
9. Playing musical instrument: Do you have any musical instrument that you want to learn but have not yet, or long time no touch your guitar or piano. Please rediscover these interests, let the music play and find your inner peace…
The artist is the creator of beautiful things. To reveal art and conceal the artist is art’s aim. The critic is he who can translate into another manner or a new material his impression of beautiful things.
10. Writing down your thoughts: When I talk about this, it means we can do it in many different ways, depending on your preferences. There are those introverted friends who may like to write diaries, or if you want to share with others, you can blog and upload on WordPress like me, or filming a Vlog with the title “One day of my life”. Not a bad idea, is it? You would have memories to look back on later!
So that are 10 things you should do in your free time, especially if you have a whole day at home during quarantine! What activities above did you do, tell me! Hope you all stay safe!
Thank you so much for spending time reading my post ❤ Please follow me if you want to read more. Your support means a lot to me!